COURAGE- GOING FOR IT.

I have heard different stories. I know the statistics from different authorities about me, us and our continent. Critically looking, these statistics may simply be projections of where we are coming from and pointers to what we ought to do differently. There is poverty, filth, corruption, hunger in parts of our world and that is why we have not done just enough for ourselves and generations unborn.
And  Angeline Murimirwa a CAMA ancestor and founder sounded very clear enough when she spoke at the 2019 CAMA leadership summit that " we are those we all have been waiting for to bring the change we want to see".  We cannot afford to look on the ills that hit societies hard, but take the bold step to question the status quo, to challenge that which concerns our lives and all other vulnerable ones out there.
For me, the courage to stand up to this is right there you. From childhood, I have always been questioning and yes some of them didn't really make sense. But looking back I think they do; I often wondered why nobody was afraid to close their eyes to sleep. Why was everybody very sure to say 'see you tomorrow'? And now, my answer is courage. It takes courage for someone to shut the eyes and feel bold about the next things to do the next day. This we have and this we must nurture into greater life situations.
Your are courageous my African brother and sister. It takes courage for you to have ran away from home, away from early marriage which they claim has been our culture.
It takes courage for you to fight to be educated poor, hungry or not.I see Courage as simply the discomfort to comfort. It the view out of your comfort zone. We have already risen above the odds that limited us, and the story does not end here.
Challenge yourself to start that business venture to feed yourself and your younger siblings. Be bold to step out to transform lives with your stories. Step up for your rights and that of those to whom freedom matters but do not really have a voice.
We need to be bold for any positive change we want to bring in our communities, on that small scale.

Because to fail to try is more dangerous than to go in for it! I entreat my fellow African young people that where we are coming from is not actually the subject for discussion but certainly where we are going. And as such, we need to make our cost of education count, empower others with what you know or have, because unless we all get there, nobody has arrived!
I have taken the step to reach out to those vulnerable kids in the remote parts of Ghana, who are invisible. I am supporting them with the help of other stakeholders to enroll in school and have the seemingly 'privilege' of being educated. Now is the Time!
 I am empowered to empower, and with my Rising Readers Foundation, I am supporting these kids with knowledge and items for school. And that is empowerment at the grassroots and the journey begun with Courage!
.......to be continued......
Come back to read more about the journey to the establishment of my foundation- Rising Readers Foundation.







Comments